Wednesday, October 8, 2014

While You Wait

I made a discovery in a Doctor's waiting room today:


Yes, that grey seal on the right shows that it's an official "Waiting Room Copy." No, I don't know what that means. I didn't go through it too carefully, but there didn't seem to be anything special about it.  But they've obviously put some effort into it - just look at the generic person in the logo reading the magazine, legs crossed impatiently.

Why would they need special waiting room editions of magazines?  The cost of publishing is so high, it must be expensive to have a run of special editions.  Maybe it's made of extra-strong paper, so it will survive its decades-long stay on the waiting room table.  Or they could be trying to cut down on theft of magazines from waiting rooms: this is the equivalent of the ink-filled tag on clothing.  No one would be caught in public reading a magazine with this logo telling everyone that it was stolen.

I guess I can understand their wanting to keep their magazines in the office.  I just wish they'd work harder on keeping the germs from leaving the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment